Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sleepless

I can't make myself go to bed before 2:00 am. Not even if there's nothing else to do. There's always someone to visit. Some application to something. Someone to help with his/her Spanish. Some Chinese characters I've forgotten. Something to eat. Something to check online. Something to write for the YDN. Someone who's waiting for an email from you. Something to finish and something to start.

I didn't write the essay. Please, higher invisible forces of destiny: allow me to do the next one. And the others to come.

I didn't apply to that one. Please, selecting committee of whatever I already applied to: accept me.

I didn't write those emails. Please, friends: don't forget me.

I didn't give it back. Please, Kate: lend it to me again if I need it.

I didn't wash your t-shirt. Please, potential roommate for next year: still be my roommate next year.

I didn't look for a job. Please, money: last.

Yet, I didn't sleep enough. Please, body: don't die just yet.



Now, why did that sound like a prayer?



I need to come up with an idea for a column.

I need to stay on top things, at least academically.

I need to find a job in anything remotely scientific.

I need to clean my room.

I need to wake up tomorrow.

I need to find a balance.

Yet, I need to see you again.



I also need new music. Urgently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

depending on what genre of music you're looking for, check out some of this:

yann tiersen
a hawk and a hacksaw
beirut
booka shade
gui boratto
air

all great stuff!

lukas

Unknown said...

ahh I love yann tiersen. especially the soundtrack to goodbye lenin!

ZWW said...

Listen to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M65zI9LH-as&feature=PlayList&p=D20DFB0CE06F65B3&playnext=1&index=22

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCqCraRl5lw&feature=PlayList&p=B000FF31D9A981AC&playnext=1&index=13

-ZWW